This Standard describes the procedures to be followed and the precautions to be taken when performing water damage restoration in residential, commercial, and institutional buildings, and the systems and personal property contents of those structures.
This Standard assumes that the determination and correction of the underlying source or cause of the water intrusion leading to the water damage is the responsibility of the property owner and not the restorer, although the property owner may contract with the restorer or other specialized experts to perform these services.
Water damage restoration consists of the following components for which procedures are described in this Standard:
• Principles of Water Damage Restoration;
• Building and Material Science;
• Safety and Health;
• Administrative Procedures, Project Documentation and Risk Management;
• Inspections, Preliminary Determinations and Pre-Restoration Evaluations (Project Planning);
• Limitations, Complexities, Complications, and Conflicts;
• Specialized Experts;
• Structural Restoration;
• Heating, Ventilation, and Air Conditioning (HVAC) Restoration
• Contents Evaluation and Restoration
• Large or Catastrophic Restoration Projects
Please note our Standards are NOT PRINTABLE. Printing is limited to small sections for reference only
Please note all digital product purchases are non-refundable